Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Sunday

Charlie's second Easter was a much more active day than his first! Last year, he was just starting to try to sit up unassisted, so we spent a lot of time on his blanket. This year, he played peekaboo, hunted Easter eggs, and just generally had a blast running around his Mamaw and Papaw's house. And, of course, the Easter bunny came to visit and brought his first chocolate bunny along with lots of eggs filled with snacks. Here are a few pictures of the festivities.




We dressed him in his Sunday best for church. I am just in love with him in this suit! (of course, I am a bit biased...) I wish we had more occasions for him to dress up like this. He didn't seem to mind and in fact loved being the center of attention.



Just before Easter, we had several days of nice weather so he got to play outside quite a bit. I have a feeling we will spend a lot of time outdoors this year! He is very much a boy, dirty fingernails and all.
Things are getting a little hectic around here as we count down the final weeks until Henry's arrival. I wish we had a way to explain to Charlie what is going to happen, but he still has no concept of future plans. He is starting to get more and more verbal, and even says short sentences like "Go Daddy!". (that is his favorite) I still think he will be very excited about his new little brother! 5 weeks to go.

3 comments:

Machelle said...

Angie,

Charlie looks so cute in his Easter Suit!! More like a little man than a toddler!! I still have a suit of Nathaniel's. Looking at it it's hard to believe he actually fit in it at one time.


Charlie is such a beautiful boy!!

Love, Aunt Machelle

Anonymous said...

In the wise words of ZZ Top--"...the girls go CRAZY 'bout a sharp dressed man!"

--Uncle John

The Traxsons said...

I LOVE the suit!!!