Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Henry!!!


I had every intention of doing a big long post tonight to catch up, but it took so long to get the pictures ready that now I am too tired to make sense. So I will post tomorrow night, and it will cover Henry's Big Day as well as some recent outings to the park and the Safari Park in Gentry. I did manage to change the main picture to one I snapped at McDonald's last week.


Hard to believe, but Henry's birthday was 12 days ago!!! He can't possibly be a whole year old already. Charlie's first months seemed much slower, much more deliberate - very strange how different it is.


Henry has been taking steps here and there since the week before his birthday, but just today something else clicked with the walking. He is getting up on his own now and just walking wherever he wants. I'd say it's still about 50/50 between crawling and walking, but the drive seems to be there now, suddenly. He has this great huge grin on his face like "Check me out!".


Speaking of checking people out, Charlie's little girl crushes are becoming more and more common. Just tonight he went into all-out showoff mode with a table of girls, telling Daddy that he was "looking at girls" and saying once we got in the car, "I like girls." He also fell in love with our waitress last night and kept trying to make awkward conversation just so she would talk to him. (impressive things like, "I'm full!" and "I'm 2!" and "You come back here!")


I will post more tomorrow night about how things are going, as the crazy life continues....


No comments: