

Dear Charlie,
I cannot believe it has already been half a year since that exciting, nervous, thrilling day when I met you for the first time. You were so tiny and so sweet, and I was instantly in love! You are such a blessing to us!
I love every little thing you do, and I can't believe how much you have already changed. The newborn days are gone...you no longer want to be held like a baby, you are way past those tiny preemie clothes, you don't enjoy just staring at your Razorbacks anymore. You are definitely more interactive and involved with your world now.
But the new things you are doing are so fun to watch! I don't ever want to lose these memories. The way you love to hear "kee-kee-kee" and it makes you laugh when we whisper it. The way you laugh when we do "tick-tock" from side to side--especially the allegro version! The way you light up when you see Tad. The way you get crazy excited when you sit in the Bumbo and wait for dinner. The way you stop nursing for a second and give me this great gummy smile, just between you and me. The way you smile when you first wake up in the mornings, and the way you babble on and on as you are falling asleep. How you smile at the TV when your favorite lizard comes on Baby Einstein and says "Blah!". How you body slam all over the Exersaucer so that we think you might turn it over. How you do little dances and deep knee bends just because you can. That little satisfied sigh you do when you are asleep and content. That mischievous gleam in your eye when you are about to do something new. The list goes on and on....and I love it all!
We can't wait for the next 6 months...and the next...and the next. You are our pride and joy!
Love,
Mommy and Daddy

2 comments:
Happy 6 months! Ahhh, those sweet little smiles at mommy while nursing - they are the BEST!!!
Happy Mother's Day Angie!!!
Charlie is such a little doll :-)
Post a Comment