Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day





What a busy weekend! We managed to cram in lots of family events because my sister Jenny just graduated with her MBA, and it was Mother's Day. So we did a lot of traveling around the area and we got to spend time with both my dad's side and mom's side of the family. I am not sure if Charlie took a proper nap all weekend, but he had a lot of fun as the center of attention!

Charlie discovered the Jumperoo this weekend. We have had the kind that hangs from the door frame for a while, and he likes it, but it is nothing compared to the stationary Jumperoo! I have never seen him go this crazy, even when he body slams in his Exersaucer. I think he would literally jump for hours until he just fell over asleep. We got it for Mom so she would have some baby things at her house, but of course now I have ordered one for our house too. How can I deny him that much pleasure on a daily basis??

Charlie has decided that sitting up is a great view of the world. He even sat up in his bouncy seat today, as if to remind me that he isn't a little baby anymore. He does it so well that we don't always pay attention like we used to, so he has actually fallen over and bonked his head a few times. But it hasn't seemed to hurt him so we don't feel too guilty. :)

He has also learned to play with his bath toys. I mean really play with him, not just reach out for the rubber ducky and try to eat it. He has discovered that when he pushes them under water, it makes a bubbling sound, so he does it over and over. Man he learns fast! It was just yesterday that he could care less about the rubber ducky.

We think he's going through another growth spurt because he is eating like crazy right now. It took a few days, but he is now eating bananas like a champ, as well as applesauce and even the dreaded green peas! His favorites are still squash and green beans though. He weighed exactly 16 lbs tonight.

I think that is all for now! We are glad the crazy weekends are over for a while. Unfortunately, that leaves us wide open to start sleep training. Oh no....

No comments: