Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Holidays and Milestones

Charlie is fully enjoying the holiday season! He has become very attached to Santa, in various forms, and loves to hold a little stuffed Santa and say his name over and over. We are taking him to see the "real" Santa on Saturday so I hope he loves him just as much! He is also enjoying our tree and all the lights. Our big tree is in a room off-limits to him but we have a small tree in the den, and he has been surprisingly good about not touching it. Except for a few minor occasions like in the picture.



We also finally took him to get a haircut! I wasn't really ready for it, but I have to admit it looks a lot better now. Even though he looks older. I tried to get some before and after shots. Charlie did a super job of sitting in the big chair and only tried to climb out once. I think he is just so intrigued by anything new that he just sits there and tries to take it all in.




He is becoming more vocal all the time. He says "Get down" constantly, and "dah" has finally become "dight" or sometimes even "light" (he is still obsessed with all lights). He says "yum" or "mmmmm" when he sees food of any kind, he says "sit down" before sitting in his Fisher Price chair, and he loves to say Coke, cup, pop-pop (or mop-mop) for his beads, and of course, DOG. It's more like do-o-o-o-g. He loves for us to stack blocks so he can make them "crash", so he will bring the blocks to us making his crashing noise to show us what he wants to do. And then there is the ever-present "uh-oh", mostly during dinner as he once again tries our patience by throwing everything on the floor instead of eating it.

Here are some pictures of his trip to his great-grandparents house recently, playing with Gage, and just some around the house.




Last but not least, congrats to my sister Jenny for completing her first half-marathon in Dallas last weekend! Yea Jenny!!! Our friend Becky also ran her first full marathon and another friend Chris ran his first half-marathon. I am jealous of everyone who is so in shape!

No comments: