Yesterday, we had our first "discussion" at Charlie's school about bad behavior. Or, should I say, "difficulties with peer interaction". Basically he is hitting and pushing and pinching at school just like he does at home when Henry inevitably tries to play with whatever Charlie has at the moment. More often than not, Charlie is doing a beloved puzzle, and he cannot stand it when Henry (or apparently his school friends) takes a piece away or even has the thought cross his mind.
All this to say -- since all they can do at school is "Time Out", they asked that we do the same at home so it's consistent. So this morning, when Charlie decided it would be fun to push Henry down and make him hit his head on the door frame, I made him stand in a corner. It was the cutest thing! I will have to sneak a picture sometime. He just stands there, shoulders sagging, staring at the wall. Poor guy. I just hope he learns to control himself soon. He is really a sweet boy but impulse control is nearly zero right now. He always resolves to "be a good boy" immediately after.
Conversations we are having now:
"Have boogers, Mama."
"No Daddy scream!"
"No can do it!"
"Play 3 minutes? Play puzzles first?" (when asked to do anything)
"Go school today?"
"Where stool is? play lights!" (he can't reach the light switch so he uses his stool)
"I do it myself!"
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment