Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Charlie's Big Day

Charlie is officially a big boy now! He turned one year old on Saturday. WOW!!!



We had a little party for him, and we were especially glad that his cousins got to visit from Indianapolis. It is rare to get all 4 boys together and it was fun to watch Charlie try to keep up with the older ones. Here are several pictures from the party. We put the little ones in wagons for mini-hayrides around the yard.






As you can see, Charlie had no problems digging in to the cake! Notice the fistfuls. I truly believe he would have eaten the entire thing if we had not taken it away from him! Luckily, he suffered no ill effects from all of that sugar.




He has been mesmerized by all of the new toys. We finally set up a playroom downstairs and he loves it! I need to get some pictures of him playing with everything. He got a tunnel that he loves to crawl through, and lots of toys with balls and little animals that he can carry around to his heart's content. For the most part, he would rather carry things around than actually play with the toys they belong to, but I'm sure he'll figure it out eventually. I think he was so bored with his toys before that he is thrilled to have new ones.

We are doing better with drinking milk, but he still isn't taking quite as much as we would like. He prefers juice, which we water down significantly, and we only let him have one sippy cup a day. And he is back to eating everything in sight so I think his weight gain should pick up a bit again. He ended up the same weight at 12 months as he was at 11 months (22 lbs 1 oz), mostly because he was sick for several weeks.

Couple of other things--tomorrow night (Thursday) is the Foundation night at Panera Bread Company in Fayetteville. Come out between 5-8 PM and we will get 10% of the proceeds! Hope to see you there!
And I have to give a big shout-out to our very good friend Steve Zega who just had a birthday....the big 4-0.....and he had a great time celebrating at the piano bar!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so tickled to see the picture of Charlie digging into the cake. I remember at Lucy's first, Angie, you were so excited for her to dig into the cake. To see you guys with your own child on his first birthday just touches me beyond words.

So, because I have no words, Happy First Birthday Charlie! We love you!!!!!!!

p.s. that cake is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!