Charlie has been with me this week in Little Rock, and we have had a blast! He calls his great-grandparents "Mammy" and "Pappy" now, and it is so cute. While dealing with him in a non-child-proofed house had its moments, it has been great to see him bond with them, and we also took him to several new places over the course of the week. He has had a lot of fun seeing what large objects he can move around the house.
We went to the zoo, and while he didn't exactly understand that he was supposed to see animals rather than other kids, I think he still had a good time. He was making his monkey sound at the gorillas ("ooh...ooh..eee...eee....eee") and it cracked us up! He got to see all kinds of new animals. The baby gorilla was just the cutest thing ever!!!
We also took him to a park, the same one I went to all the time while growing up, which was kind of neat. And I took him to the Discovery Museum where he got to run for hours in the play areas just full of building blocks, puzzles, activity areas, you name it. And he even gave Smokey the Bear a hug. (he has gotten very very loving lately, I wish this phase would last forever!)
He turned 17 months old last Thursday. He is eating like a horse again, and currently grapes are the favorite food. We have also begun doing "time out" when he gets really defiant. I never saw myself as a timeout kind of mom, but the hand slapping just isn't working and I think he is really going to hate being stuck away from the action once he makes the connection. Maybe that will do the trick. Not sure how to handle discipline just yet, but I guess we'll figure it out as we go!
We also met my dad out for lunch this week, and he was happy to see his grandpa. However he might have been more excited about eating the big chocolate chip cookie!
Only 2 1/2 weeks until Henry arrives!

















4 comments:
Where do you put him for time-out? Hand slapping is not working for Emma either.
(I am Lee and Betty Martin's grandaughter, Kevin's daughter - my mom gave me your site)
Emma and Charlie are just 3 days apart.
Hi! I didn't realize Emma and Charlie were so close in age! I have been keeping up a little through the family grapevine. As far as timeout, for now we are taking the booster seat that he eats in and putting it on the floor in another room and strapping him in. It is the only way I know of to make him stay put somewhere! He doesn't get it yet--he says "Mama? Get down?" the whole time--but I hope he'll make the connection soon. We have only done it a few times.
That is a great idea! All I could think of was putting her in her baby bed and I really didn't want to do that! We will have to try the booster seat.
Emma's new thing now when we pop her hand is that she pops something else and says "no". I hate that she does that but it cracks us up!
I would love to get Charlie and Emma together...I think they are both VERY busy and strong willed! She definitely gives us a run for our money. She makes us laugh when we should be scolding her. We're in trouble!! :)
Hey girl... Alisha Brooks sent me the link to your blogspot. I will add you to my site since it's private so you can log on and access it. It was GREAT meeting you today and hopefully in the future I can get more involved and help you with fundraisers as well as attend them! You are doing such a great thing with the NICU at Arkansas Children's and I'm thankful because now Blair benefits from it!
Big Hugs to you and your family!
Tiffany
PS - Little Charlie is ADORABLE!
Post a Comment