I took Charlie to a new park the other day and he burned off some energy. I was a little freaked out by some wasps but of course Charlie was oblivious so we stayed quite a while. I wish I could be that oblivious to them.
We found the greatest play place yesterday! It is called "The Wonder Place" (http://www.thewonderplace.com/) and it is a huge indoor play area. Charlie liked it even better than the Discovery Museum. I cannot say enough about this place! We will definitely go back sometime. It has a water table, sand table, things to climb on and around, play kitchen, play vet area, art room, lots of mirrors...on and on and on. He was bored around the house so this was a perfect way to let him run and get ready for a nap (and give his Mammy and Pappy some peace and quiet). I really like the pictures with him in the chef's hat! He carried the pot around saying "Cook!".
We have been working with him on colors lately. I am not quite sure if he knows some of them or just thinks the objects are named that color, but I think we're making some progress. He seems to know yellow and purple better than anything so far. Mostly because he likes to say them.
He also seems to be telling us when he has a wet or dirty diaper, at least some of the time. That is something he has not done before. In fact he was always the weird baby who would lay in poop forever before you noticed it. But lately he will grab himself so we are trying to say the right things so he associates it. Someday we'll try a little potty but not just yet.
And one last story for now, which made me tear up a little! (pregnancy hormones?) You may recall that we planted a tree in Jackson's memory each year on the anniversary of his death. The first year we planted a red maple that never did very well. (maybe because we planted in February in the snow) We had put a marker in the ground and everything and we were sad when the little tree didn't make it. Well the other day, someone working in our yard called to say there were about 16 little baby red maple saplings all around that spot! She wanted to know if she could transplant them to other places in the yard. So isn't that great--the tree itself did not make it but it created all of these little baby trees! How symbolic of Jack's life, I thought.

















5 comments:
It's not harmones...I cried too, but then I'm drinking raspberry chocolate port, so who knows. I will say that Jack always did what was most unexpected.... he still does. He was and will always be such a major part of our lives that
I think all of these "unusual" happenings are part of his legacy that will remain a part of this family.
Angie, I doubt if you know but I keep up with you guys on this site. I always kept up with you on Jackson's page too. I want you to know you are never far from my prayers! I am so happy for you guys with Charlie and this new baby! I love the trees! That is the coolest thing! You are the most inspirational family to me. I just wanted to let you know I think of you often! Lee-Ellen
jackandmaree-claire.blogspot.com (so you don't feel like I'm spying on you without you being able to do the same)
Please save a tree for us!!
WOW...I will have to say I cried as well, but I'm recovering from pregnancy hormones! :)
That play area was so neat. I'm going to have to look that up for something to do with Baylee.
Hugs to you!
Tiffany
I've heard about that play place as well - some friends and I have been talking about making a trip to LR just to go there!
yeah, definitely not just hormones - I teared up too and I'm not pregnant or drinking wine! Such a great story!!
Post a Comment