It was a big day for him because he got to start eating veggies! We are starting with squash, following the mentality that you start with blander things and work up to sweets so that he'll actually like them all. Knowing his daddy, we'll see about that! I was all ready for this big reaction to the squash but he didn't really make a face. He just wanted to eat more. Sometimes I think he is such a pig that he doesn't care WHAT goes into his mouth as long as it is food! He never cared about boob vs bottle, rice vs oatmeal....as long as he is eating, he is happy! I am sure that won't always be the case though (and I do think he likes oatmeal better than rice). I just can't believe he is already eating veggies. That seems like such a big boy thing to do!


He has discovered his feet and loves to just play with them and stare at them. We got some great video of it after his bath the other night. He hasn't tried to eat them yet, but I am certain that is not far away! He tries to eat everything else. His favorite is to suck on his bib. Nice!
He still shows signs of teething but I'm not sure he is very close to actually cutting teeth. Just lots of drool and gnawing on things. He really seems to want to chew in the back of his mouth, not the front where the first teeth typically come in. So we don't know what this means, will he have back teeth first??? Seems very unusual. But he gags himself constantly trying to get his fingers or thumb to the back of his gums. Hmmm.
The constant battle with sleep has taken another turn. It seems that he only wants to sleep in his swing now. He will stay in the crib a few hours if we're lucky, and then he's done. We tried letting him cry a little last night (which I did NOT like) and he never did fall asleep, just kept screaming louder. After a while we gave in and put him in his swing, where he promptly fell fast asleep for the next 6 hours. We don't know if it's bad to be in the swing so much, but right now it's the only place he will actually sleep, so we're doing it.
Here is my absolute favorite vacation picture of him fast asleep on the beach, and some others to enjoy. Check out the cool Taggie sleeper--what a great idea! He is such a happy guy lately!




1 comment:
I am soooo glad u guys are getting so much use out of the swing!! I remember the nights Arah would wake up at 2 in the morning, and she would swing after that and let mommy sleep a little bit more... I knew that was a great idea!! We love u guys, and email me when u get a chance!! THIS MEANS U ANGIE, LOL!! Loves, amy and arah
Post a Comment