
Charlie is loving life right now. He is over his cold, he's running and playing all over the house, and he's eating like a champ. We are trying to transition him to more 'adult' food rather than always eating toddler meals, and so far he is loving everything. He will eat an entire plate of food! He seems to really love fish and he especially liked the BBQ brisket. I really hope he keeps up his love of food and doesn't become picky at some point. I would rather fight the battle of eating healthy foods than fight the battle of just getting him to eat anything at all.

We taught him that a blanket is "soft", and he started laying his head against anything that seemed like a blanket (towels, burp cloths, pillows, you name it). He'll say "soooooof" while he does it and it's so adorable! Now that he knows that we think it's cute, he does it to anything and everything. The dogs, his toys, whatever he is holding can be "soooooof" with his head against it. Here are a couple of pics--at least these are actually somewhat soft!

We are thinking he's got a bunch of teeth moving around in there. I have no idea how close any of them are to breaking through, but his upper and lower gums are swollen and it's obviously really bothering him again. There are a couple of white bumps but with his track record, it can stay this way for weeks. I hate seeing him bothered so much though. I wish they would just all break through at once.

It was warm this weekend so we took him to the park. He had a blast wandering all over the playground and riding in his wagon. Unfortunately, his hives also had a blast popping back up since he fell in the grass a few times. I guess he is just going to have really sensitive skin like that. These don't seem to be the itchy kind, so that's good at least, but I hate that just being outside a little while makes him get all splotchy. We've also noticed that just wiping off his face can cause him to turn bright red, and he also gets hives from the warm bath. I guess there are worse things he could have, but I still feel sorry for him.
We have taught him what a baby is and now he is obsessed with them. We visited our friend Aleisha who just had twins and Charlie just loves them. We know he won't be able to understand the concept of a baby coming into the house, but at least we can expose him to babies so he won't be totally surprised in 3 months. 3 months!!!?!!
He's doing other cute things like learning to jump up and down in his crib or on the bed, and also running in place. He does that when he is extremely fired up. He just went through a growth spurt too and finally jumped to 12-18 month pants. In fact, one pair I just bought this weekend is already too small (grrr). He weighs somewhere between 24.5 lbs and 25 lbs. Here he is showing off his muscles by helping carry in the groceries.

I thought I would leave you with a picture of Charlie all ready to go with mommy's briefcase. Maybe he has a corporate future!

No comments:
Post a Comment