Thursday, May 22, 2008

Firsts

I just love the early days--there are so many new things to document! Here are a few photos of Henry's first time in the swing--okay to be technical about it, James tried once before this but he hated it so we aren't counting that--and also his first time in the big-boy infant tub. We had quite the experience with the tub. He really loves his bath, but he also has a tendency to use the bathroom at every possible inconvenient moment. It was cute when he just went #1 in the tub but as soon as we heard that tell-tale sound and saw the neon yellow poop everywhere, we had to spring into action. And this isn't the first time we've had "fun with poop"... I swear, he can projectile-poop further than you can possibly imagine. This is all new to us because Charlie was not much of a pooper outside of the diaper. But I have learned the hard way to act very very quickly with Henry or I will suffer the consequences. I'm not sure my wardrobe or bed will survive this, but oh well!





Our friend Julie came over last night with her girls, and Charlie was instantly in love. He called Abby "Bobby" and wouldn't leave her side all night. Look at him on the couch with the girls! He could not be happier!





Charlie has cracked us up lately with his new words. He tries to say "macaroni" and it is so so so cute...it comes out "na-ah-noni". We are working with him to say words more clearly now and he is trying. He seems so big in everything he does! He has also discovered strawberry milk and he loves it--at least it is a way to get him to drink his milk!

Henry weighed 7 lbs 1 oz this morning, so he is still gaining well. He is really wanting to sleep through his middle of the night feeding so we will try to let him sleep a little longer. I am torn between still thinking he needs to eat every 3 hours around the clock, and wanting to just let him sleep at night. If he keeps gaining weight, I won't worry as much about the clock.





Today Henry discovered the Razorback mobile on his changing table for the first time. I will have to take a picture and then compare it to the pictures of Charlie on the table. I think they just really like the bright red Razorbacks at this age. He is also really starting to hold up his head and look around. He's strong for such a little guy!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how much Henry has changed in a week...as for Charlie, he gets more adorable everyday!

Baylee and Blair's page said...

How adorable! He looks so much bigger from the last pics! I can't wait to see you again! I'm so glad that everything is going well for you guys!

Hugs - Tiffany