Thursday, December 7, 2006

Feet On The Ground and Keep Reaching For The....Boob?




We continue to discover interesting little things about Charlie. It is such fun to figure out some new little movement that he likes or wants to do. The latest is that he is much happier if his feet are touching something--for example, if we put him at the far end of the cradle so that his feet are against the side, he is much more likely to sleep there. Or even on the bed with us, he wants his feet up against something. He also loves to push off with his feet. We have also noticed that he is reaching for things a little now. He doesn't really know he is doing it yet, but we think he's starting to realize he can control his hands and is learning about the sense of touch. So cute!

We had a wonderful night. He ate and ate right before bed (or what we loosely consider bedtime, 10-11ish) so that put him out like a light, finally...and he slept from 11 PM to 4 AM!!! We almost felt like we got to sleep all night. I am not sure if he's supposed to go that long without eating when he's not quite a month old, but I am not fighting it. He's good about letting us know when he's hungry, so I trust him! He also slept in his cradle another hour or so after his 4 AM feeding, until he woke everyone up with a gigantic poop. And we didn't mind!

I am posting a few pictures from today on his changing table (and one of his Christmas outfit) because I was just so proud of him. He has a Razorback mobile and has always liked it--we are teaching him the fight song right from the start--but today I saw that he was focusing in on individual Razorbacks and following them around with his eyes. He is really starting to look at things better now. He also stared into his mirror for a long time. I took lots of pictures and thought what a sweet moment it was...then as I picked him up to go to the living room, I realized he had been lying in a pool of pee the entire time!! Apparently it didn't bother him. Oh well. So we are in outfit #2 already.

I need to go because as I type this he is rooting around on James, looking for lunch (for the third time). One quick thing--Baby Bo did get to go home and all is well so far...keep praying that they get into a routine and can get used to taking care of him at home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Angie, I laughed out loud when I read "he was lying in a pool of pee the whole time!"

Doesn't make me feel so bad when, say, the colostomy bag is leaking down someone's leg and I don't even notice?!?!

He is SO SO SO SO sweet! Beautiful baby. I'm not just saying that. I generally don't even think newborns are that cute! But Charlie - well, he's something! :)