Sunday, January 7, 2007

Big Boy!

Our Charlie just keeps growing...and growing...and growing! I think last time I posted about weight he was 8 lbs something, up over a pound in just a week. Well...he weighed in this morning at a whopping 9 lbs 6 oz!!! OH MY GOSH! Believe it or not, he actually outgrew some of the 0-3 month clothes and he is only 2 months old (almost)...and there was a time the 0-3 month stuff looked so, so huge. I figured he would be in it for months. He also went up a diaper size. All of a sudden we are scrambling to dress him in cute clothes every day because we are afraid he will outgrow them! As a good visual, here is a photo of him in his "going-home outfit" in the hospital--where it looks like huge MC Hammer pants--and him in the same outfit this weekend at 8 weeks old...



He has really been a happy baby lately, except last night when I went to see The Producers and he gave James a hard time. But he just smiles and laughs and coos at the ceiling fan and his Razorbacks, and it is so fun to watch!

We are still fighting the sleep battle. He sleeps wonderfully while in our bed, of course. By wonderfully I mean at least 3-4 hours at a time, which is fine by me. We have tried several times to get him into his crib but the longest he has lasted is one hour. We will keep trying but it is exhausting when you sit there and watch him flail around and fuss and drive himself crazy, but 2 seconds later you lay him *in the same position* on the bed next to us and he is out like a light. We keep telling ourselves that someday it will click and he will sleep in the crib too!

Our nanny, Tess, came a couple of days last week just to get acquainted with Charlie and the house before I start work TOMORROW. I am so not ready to work again. Although I have the best schedule anyone could hope for (2 days at home, 2 days in the office, off on Fridays), I am still dreading the first time I have to leave him all day. Tess is wonderful though and is already getting used to what he likes and doesn't like, and we feel very blessed to have found her. At least we can feel comfortable with his care if it can't be us doing it!

More later...

5 comments:

The Traxsons said...

Wow, you are getting to be such a big boy Charlie! I can't wait to see you...it's been a while.

Good luck starting back to work this week, Angie! I have just started thinking about the possibility of going back to work and I get very emotional everytime I think about it...I'll be thinking about you!

Anonymous said...

Angie, prayers are with you as you head back to work this week. I will pray for comfort for you and Charlie.

Charlie is such a beautiful boy. You and James are truly blessed. Prayers for you and your family, Aunt Machelle

Anonymous said...

Baby Charlie is so adorable! I am really enjoying being able to check in to see what is going on with you guys. We will have to get Charlie & Eli together to play sometime. I loved seeing him wearing the shirt we got him in one of the pictures!! :-) I'm thinking of you all this week as you return to work Angie....I know it will be hard. Sounds like you have a wonderful nanny though and a great work schedule. I hope it is going really well for you. Can't wait to see Charlie in person one of these days. Take care, Alicia B.

Anonymous said...

hello Graves family!!! I'm so glad about charlie's weight gain!!!
that is so awesome!! I'm glad u found a nanny that fits charlie and
also glad you aren't going back to work full time, two days a week is much better than four or five!!!!!!
We love you guys, and keep on truckin' baby!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hello Graves family!!! I'm so glad about charlie's weight gain!!!
that is so awesome!! I'm glad u found a nanny that fits charlie and
also glad you aren't going back to work full time, two days a week is much better than four or five!!!!!!
We love you guys, and keep on truckin' baby!!!!!!