Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Happy Two Month Birthday!





Wow, it seems like just yesterday I was doing his one month post. Time really does fly. I wish I could slow it down a little. I can't believe it has already been two months!

He actually gave us a little present last night and today...he has now slept in his crib for a total of 5 hours! He slept for an hour late last night, 2 hours early this morning, and now he has taken his 2-hour morning nap in there. I am so proud of him! I was getting a little nervous about the co-sleeping because there have been several times he's partially fallen off my chest, or times I got really hot and caused him to sweat, and in the back of my mind is always the risk of suffocation no matter how careful we are. So I was stressing about getting him into his own bed, not to mention the benefit of being able to have some free time at night. But we had tried everything and he had never done it more than a few minutes. Our latest purchases were a new Symphony In Motion mobile and a wedge to keep him slightly more upright. Also, although we had swaddled him before, we had never tried using the Miracle Blanket which always gets rave reviews. So, last night we tried it all. We warmed the crib sheet with a heating pad, we swaddled him in the Miracle Blanket, we turned on the new mobile, we gave him some relaxing music, and held our breath. He lasted an hour before waking up hungry. I didn't try again until after his 4 AM feeding, and that time he went 2 hours. Cautiously optimistic, I told Tess (our nanny) to put him down that way for his morning nap just to see. And now it has been 2 hours, and even better, he's been awake some and managed to put himself back to sleep. So I am hoping this means we have started a trend! Woo-hoo!

Going back to work has not been fun but it hasn't been terrible either. I do miss him during the day. It is much better on my work from home days!!!

Other than that, no news. We had some fun with constipation and prune juice this week. I am sure you would love to read the details, but let's just say we got the situation under control. :) His weight gain has slowed somewhat but he is still around 5 to 10 percentile which is exactly where he needs to be. He goes for his first round of shots next Tuesday--something else to dread!!! We are just enjoying every minute of his smiling, laughing, cooing little personality. He is such a blessing and is perfect in every way. We love to watch him take everything in. What more could we ask for??? Here are some pics of him in his favorite owl outfit (the bigger size) and of course, rooting for the Cowboys. And one of him looking sad when I had to leave for work yesterday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If he were any sweeter I'd be forced to eat him with a spoon. You're lucky I'm in Kansas City. :)

Seriously, where DOES the time go?????? I don't think he's a newborn any more!!!!!!