Saturday, September 6, 2008

ER, Take Two

Another gut-clenching night for me as I sit here and wait for James to get back from the ER with Charlie. I think he is fine, but I haven't been able to ask all my questions yet!

Charlie went to bed just fine after having a very normal day and evening. My mom watched the boys while James and I went to the Walton Arts Center. When we got in, I heard him crying, and we found him wheezing, coughing, hoarse, scared, and miserable. It scared me and I immediately sent James to the ER (after Charlie repeatedly asked for Daddy) while I stayed with a sleeping Henry. I thought maybe he was having an asthma attack or maybe an allergic reaction, or he had swallowed something. I still don't have all the details, but a quick phone call indicated he may have a respiratory infection of some kind but it's not serious. They are going to give him a breathing treatment and steroids, and I am not sure what else. I am ready for him to come home! I will post an update later.

No comments: