Sunday, September 7, 2008

Update

Well, it turns out Charlie has a bad case of croup. Now I always thought croup just referred to a croaky sounding cough and was probably due to chest congestion. However, I have learned differently. It is actually an infection of the trachea and vocal chords, which causes inflammation and swelling (thus the wheezing and coughing), but the lungs and chest are clear. It almost always occurs suddenly like Charlie's did Friday night. It is caused by a virus and is contagious for a few days. So......Charlie is taking steroids and using an inhaler every few hours, and he still sounds a little croaky, but he seems to feel pretty normal. Thank God it was nothing more serious!

Since it is contagious, I took Henry down to visit my grandparents in Little Rock this weekend in hopes he would not get sick too. So far, so good. This was the first time they have gotten to see him since he was born, so they had a lot of fun!

No comments: